Coalport

Coalport Collingwood CollectionThe Coalport factory was founded in 1795 by John Rose at Colebrookdale in Shropshire, England and some early works are sometimes stamped ‘Colebrookdale Porcelain’. Coalport’s glazed bone china proved very successful. By the 1830s, Coalport was one of the leading potteries of England and has remained a household name ever since.

Coalport figurines have become increasingly popular due to their beauty, elegance, and fine detail. The Coalport Collectors Society was formed in 1994, which has now become the Collectors Choice.

Membership benefits include a quarterly magazine the ‘Inspirations’, exclusive VIP factory visits, and free entrance to the Wedgwood Visitors Centre at Barlaston. Members also receive a free joining gift and the chance to purchase special edition figurines.

Previous special editions included the excellent Collingwood Collection series. The first two pieces Claire and Mary in the series are already fetching high prices on the secondary market. Catherine was the third piece in the series and Beverley the fourth..

Related Features Coalport at Auction


NOTICE – This site is not affiliated with Coalport TM. The purpose of these pages is to provide information to collectors of Coalport figurines.